Learn about Pilates and why it is an effective adjunct for rehabilitation. Understand the Pilates concepts and how to integrate the deep core system into exercise. You will learn mat based exercises that can be immediately implemented in your practice, without needing expensive equipment.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to activate and cue the deep core muscles.
- Demonstrate a neutral spine and core stabilization exercises.
- Describe the history and principles of Pilates.
- Discuss the latest evidence for integrating Pilates with rehabilitation.
- Describe how the inner core works together and intra-abdominal pressure management strategies.
- Understand how to incorporate the Pilates principles into exercise and activities of daily living.
- Learn mat-based core exercises that you can use immediately with your patients.
Intended Audience: All levels